Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Garden


So, I've been planning on posting pics of my garden. I've got some chili peppers and a tomato plant. It's not much of a garden. They're in pots, but whatever. In my eyes, it's a garden. I haven't got around to taking the photos yet. And what is a blog update about a tomato and pepper plants without photos. Worthless. That's what.

A couple days ago, my neighbor Ben notifies me that he has planted four wacky tobacci seeds that he has saved from his kindest finest in my pots! For the record, I haven't smoked in quite a while. I don't plan on smoking any of his "crop", anyways. Yet, I've taken up the task of planning the whole thing out with him. Why not? He knows nothing about gardening and needs some serious help. Besides, it's the neighborly thing to do.

So they've all sprouted like two days ago, and are already like three inches tall! So, I sent him to the store to buy pots of his own, and we are going to transplant them this weekend. (gonna let them grow taller on his back porch so mom doesn't pull the "weeds" before moving them into nature) We scoped out our backyard and found the perfect place. It's easy to get to. It's far enough from the grass that the lawn guys wont steal it like they did Julie's last year, and there's enough sun. it's close to the marsh but not too swampy.

This whole thing is really funny to me because I don't even smoke anymore, and here I am trudging through underbrush, filthy, legs scratched up: "This spot would be perfect!"

-p

No comments:

Post a Comment